This article introduces about how I configure my local Minecraft client.
This post is for Java edition. Not Bedrock(mobile) edition!
Step 1 - Install Java
Run the following command with admin:
winget install Microsoft.OpenJDK.17
Step 2 - Install Minecraft
You can buy Minecraft launcher (Java) at Xbox Store:
Or at Minecraft official website:
Only install the launcher! Do NOT install Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock)
Step 3 - Start Minecraft
After installing from the store, you can start the launcher and try to run it once.
Select Microsoft sign in.
Play. This will actually start downloading Minecraft Java.
The Minecraft files will actually be installed at:
C:\Users\xuef\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft (For Windows)
And make sure it runs.
Step 4 - Download Fabric Minecraft
Download Fabric Minecraft here:
After downloading, double click to install it.
After installing, there will be a new option to start Fabric MC directly.
Step 5 - Download Fabric API
- Download at curseforge
After downloading, put the downloaded file in the
Step 6 - Download Sodium and Iris
- Download Sodium first at: https://modrinth.com/mod/sodium/version/mc1.18.2-0.4.1
- Download at https://irisshaders.net/
Also put the downloaded file under the
Step 7 - Download complementary shaders
After downloading, put the
.zip file to the
Just put the
.zip file here.
Start the game. Go to video settings.
Select shader packs:
And select complementary shaders!
Now the world will looks gorgerous!
Step 8 - Download Xaero map and Xaero world map
All put to
.mods folder. This will show a map to help you.
Step 9 - Setup your personal settings!
Now you can setup some personal settings and start gaming!
For example, I will:
- Switch language to Chinese.
- Turn off AutoJump
- Change FOV to 90
If you want to have fun with me, you can sign in my server:
Other mods suggestion
- badpackets (Necessary for some mods)
- modmenu (Add mod menu)
- inventory-profiles-next (Helps sorting inventory)
- Appleskin (Better health bar)
- not-enough-animations (More animations)
- extrasounds (More sounds)
- BetterF3 (Better F3)
- Better Third Person (Better third person)
- IMBlockerFabric (Block IM)
- presence-footsteps (Better foot steps)
- Blur (Blue effect)
- falling-leaves-fabric (Falling leavs)
- WTHIT (What the hell is this)
Own a server?
Do you own a server? Of course you can make it a Minecraft Server!
- Dungeon Now Loading 15.9% - More map structures
- Incendium ~ Nether Expansion - More Nether structures
- Keepin (Keep inventory but lose all xp upon death)
- Ships out on the oceans
- Terralith - Better world generation
Suggested settings modification
- Change server name in paper.yml.
- Enable the keepin mod.
- Enable the tree mod.
- Ajust default game mode in server.properties.
- Ajust default message in server.properties.
- Ajust spawn protection to 1 in server.properties
- Ajust max-players to 500 in server.properties
- Ajust gamerule default difficulty to hard.
- Ajust gamerule mobGriefing to false
- Ajust gamerule sleep percentage to 70.
- Ajust gamerule spawn radius to 2000-5000. (To spread new players)
- Ajust gamerule to 70-180 to slow down or speed up growth.
- Ajust monsters amount to 80-400 in bukit.yml. (To make it more difficult)